Information that we collect from you
We collect information about you:
- When you submit a grant application form, ask for opportunities from us, or for any other reason give us your personal details (such as your name, contact details and e-mail address);
- When you use the site and from any other information you post on the site or e-mail or otherwise send to us.
Using your information
We use your details so that we can:
- Contact you about further information we would like;
- Contact you about events, opportunities, organisations or other matters which may be of interest to you;
- Analyse it to help us run, improve and develop our charitable work and the opportunities that we offer;
- Send you details of opportunities that we offer or events that we run which may interest you;
- Contact you for your views on our work. We may contact you by post, telephone or e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted in any of these ways then please let us know.
Disclosing your information
We will treat the information you give us as confidential. However, we may disclose it to other persons or organisations who act for us for the reasons set out in the policy or for reasons that you have approved. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you in our records. We may charge a small fee for this. You also have the right to make us correct any of your information that is not accurate. However, you should be aware that the information we hold is about your organisation, and the only personal information we have on an individual would be his or her name and the position they hold in an organisation.
We would not expect you to give us any other information such as a personal telephone number or address, unless there was no other way of contacting the organisation which you represent. We may share information with other funders operating in the same areas of charitable interest, and we may also share the information you give us with other charitable organisations, public bodies, universities etc. for the purposes of research, analysis, policy development or other purpose.
The Bairdwatson Charitable Trust will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith or belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on The Bairdwatson Charitable Trust; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of The Bairdwatson Charitable Trust; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of The Bairdwatson Charitable Trust, its websites, or the public.
A “cookie” is a piece of software that attaches to the hard drive of your computer and remembers information about how your computer is set up. We use this information to track your movements through our website to find out how it is being used and to assess how useful it is. We do not collect personal information about you during the tracking process.
Other organisations’ websites
We have security measures to prevent your personal information from being accessed by unauthorised people and to prevent unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage. Please help us keep our records updated by letting us know of any changes to your e-mail address and other contact details.
We may sometimes make changes to this policy. If we make any important changes, we will let you know by putting a notice on the site.